The Time is Now! Sign our Petition to President-Elect Barack Obama!
"To restore America's standing, I will call on our greatest resource - our people. We will double the size of the Peace Corps by its 50th anniversary in 2011. And, we'll reach out to other nations to engage their young people in similar programs, so that we work side by side to take on the common challenges that confront all humanity. The Peace corps has been a key part of meeting those challenges such as overcoming poverty, combating diseases like HIV/AIDS and malaria, and reducing the global education deficit. This will not be a call issued in one speech or on program. This will be an important and enduring commitment of my presidency."
- President-Elect Barack Obama, Quantum Leap, Worldview Magazine Winter Issue
This is the best opportunity since the founding of the Peace Corps to expand and revitalize it. We need YOU to sign our petition today. You can even post your own comment for President Obama to read. Here’s what you can do to keep the momentum going!
- Sign the petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/morepc/ and urge others to do the same.
- Continue to help us recruit former volunteers and other supporters by phoning and emailing them.
- Contribute a $25 tax-deductible donation to the More Peace Corps Campaign here: http://www.morepeacecorps.org/takeaction/donate
- Start writing your members of Congress. President-Elect Obama cannot do it alone. The Congress authorizing and appropriating subcommittees must meet the President’s request. View our website state pages to find the addresses for your member of Congress.
Now is the time to act! MorePeaceCorps needs your help. Whether you want to write your member of congress or make a $25 donation online, it all helps this cause. Thank you and we’ll be in touch soon about next steps.
The petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/morepc/
Also, please participate on our MorePeaceCorps Forum! Share your Peace Corps experiences, talk about those who inspired you, and talk about how Peace Corps can become better and bolder. Click here to see the topics.